Core Energetics – a holistic approach to body and soul
Our body never lies. It reflects our emotional life history and personality. We are often unaware that our head only thinks our emotions, but our body actually feels them. This is based on the assumption that body and psyche form an inseparable unit and that our body is, so to speak, the direct line to our unconscious.
If feelings cannot flow or be processed, blockages arise on a physical, mental and spiritual level. This can manifest itself, for example, in chronic tension, but also in difficulties in dealing with oneself and others.
In a Core Energetics session, various movement exercises help to open awareness to repressed feelings and engage our body’s energy system in a way that allows us to go beyond our „comfort zone.“
Embodying our behaviors and relationship dynamics through movement allows us to access our unconscious more quickly and effectively in the process. It gives our emotional world, as well as our stuck thought patterns, a much more holistic and clear expression than our minds can.
Body-oriented coaching according to the Core Energetics method helps people to dissolve their manifold blockages and burdens and to learn more body awareness. The goal is also to regain life energy as well as to build resilience against stress factors on a psychological and physical level in order to surf the waves of life flexibly and with joy.
Bodywork finds application with versatile topics:
– Physical and psychological stress
– Crises and reorientation phases
– Breaking up recurring blocking behavior patterns
– Finding your own inner center
– Personal development
– Developing and advancing your career
– Lust for life, vitality, joy, pleasure
– Relaxation and serenity
– Life direction/sense
– Relationship problems/sexuality
– Conflicts with self and others
– Body awareness/self-perception
– Alienation from self and others
– Eating disorders
To transform experiences that limit us in thought and action into a positive perspective, the Core Energetics approach works on three levels:
– Cognitive/Psychological: We need to understand our behavior patterns. The distorted (child) perception has to be retrained by the adult ego in order to establish a „neutral reality reference“.
– Physical/Physical: Here the training of body perception plays a central role. What feelings are triggered by thoughts? And where do they settle in the body?
– Mental: Why have we created this reality for ourselves? What should we learn in the process? What potentials do our behaviors hide?
The methodology of „Core Energetics“ has its roots in Bioenergetics (1956) and is recognized by the „European Association for Bodypsychotherapy – EABP“ as well as the AABP (Austrian scientific association for body-oriented psychotherapy).